The word “Nursing” draws its essence from the noble mission initiated by Florence Nightingale. She set forth the path for professional training in nursing. The requirement of educated trained professionals who would be competent enough to handle & take care of the sick ailing members of society became possible with the introduction of nursing profession.
The aim was to train nurses with high spirit of devotion and human touch. A sick person is more than 50 % cured if he or she is handled with responsive care.
Nursing is a science and art, which requires a sound scientific education and attitude to serve humanity. Today a nurse is a trained professional from a recognized nursing college, which is registered with State Nursing Council, with a licence to practice.
Nursing is to promote health, prevent illness and care for the sick. Today practice of nursing is implemented with scientific knowledge and skills that is independent but coordinated with other health care professionals.
services to the society.
Concept of Nursing is based on Indian Nursing Council’s definition “the unique function of the nurse is to assist the individual, sick or well, in the performance of those activities contributing to health or its recovery.”
The staff of Nursing college believe that the basic course in Nursing must necessarily be laid on sound medical & scientific foundations. Further the faculty of nursing college believes.
1. That learning occurs not only in classroom, but in the peer groups and
through participation in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities in
2. That Nursing is a profession, which influenced by advances in Science and
3. That skills in all aspects of communication is essential for learning and for the practice of nursing.
4. That the nature of nursing education is such that substantial portion of
student’s learning is acquired in clinical area.
5. That interdependent of Nursing with allied profession and occupations are
necessary for promoting, maintaining and restoring health.
6. That the new persons entering in pioneering profession must be guided for
their brilliant career in nursing so that they may prove efficient in imparting